Foodlets is a social network for food lovers. They connect food lovers with good food over a visual medium - you get to see what food is served in restaurants.
Foodlets is a location aware service - i.e. all the food can be located on a city map. Foodlets will be launching a mobile app which will be the primary means of usage of Foodlets service.
Foodlets is based on the core concepts of content co-creation and sharing. Food lovers can create foodlets and share with friends, they can affirm(testify) the food they have eaten and loved, and also tell their experience about a particular dish. Alternatively restaurant owners can create visual menus for their food and engage with food lovers.
There are dozens of restaurant review and online ordering services in India. Foodlets found 2 major shortcomings with these services
1) They focus on the restaurants and not on individual dishes.
2) They are heavily text based and users don't get to see how the food looks.
Foodlets understand very well that a food dish by itself has its identify, recipe, fanbase, history and mostly importantly people’s memories associated with it. In Goa chicken cafreal at Florentine (Saligao) and the ras omlettes available on roadside stalls have a cult following.
Key Features on Foodlets
- Search for a particular dish at a restaurant
- Follow other food lovers and restaurants to stay updated about the new food
- Affirm a dish to tell the community that you ate and loved it
- Add a dishes to your wishlist
Foodlets beta was released on 17th April 2011. Before the beta foodlets has a prototype online to test the feasibility and acceptance of the concept.
- A beautiful looking web site & new page layouts
- New logo and icons
- Easy navigation and modal windows
- Compact JS/CSS and Ajax for faster page downloads
- Larger food photo on the product page for better viewing
Know More :
- Website http://foodlets.in
- Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/foodlets
- Twitter http://twitter.com/foodlets
- Blog http://thefoodletsblog.blogspot.com
- Email email@example.com