Microsoft Corp. has launched Microsoft Equipt, an all-in-one security and productivity software subscription service for consumers.
A Microsoft Equipt subscription gives you three great Microsoft offerings—Windows Live OneCare for improved security and performance, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 to get things done and organized, and Windows Live tools including Mail, Messenger, and Photo Gallery to connect and share with others.
Top Reasons to Buy Microsoft Equipt
1.Software essentials for your new home PC—all in one convenient install
With OneCare, Microsoft Office, and Windows Live tools like Mail and Photo Gallery on a single CD, you can get up and running quickly.
2.Award-winning protection plus performance maintenance
OneCare offers proven technologies that help protect against online threats such as viruses, malware, hackers, Trojans, and identity theft. It also automates maintenance and proactively fixes common issues to help keep your computer performing at its best.
3.A full version of Office Home and Student 2007
See all you can do with the new features in Office. Get things done and organized for home and school with improved versions of the programs you know and trust.
4.Protection and productivity for up to 3 PCs
Share your subscription with your spouse(he he).Have antivirus and Office ready to install when your daughter asks for a PC. Centralize file backups. Share a printer from a different room. This multi-PC solution keeps up with your household's changing needs.
5.Hassle-free updates and upgrades
While your subscription is active, you'll get the latest security updates and the latest version of Office Home and Student and OneCare at no additional cost.
PRICE:69.99$ (Suggested Retail Price)
You must accept the Microsoft Service Agreement before you can use Microsoft Equipt. You can read the Microsoft Service Agreement at http://www.microsoft.com/useterms. Service is periodically updated. Activation by Internet is required.
To use Microsoft Equipt, you need the following:
· 2GHz or faster processor
· 1 GB of RAM or more
· 4 GB of available hard disk space; a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation
· CD-ROM or DVD drive
· 1024x768 or higher-resolution monitor
· Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later (32-bit only), or Windows Vista or later (32-bit or 64-bit)
· Send to Office OneNote 2007 print driver not available on a 64-bit operating system
· Some features require Microsoft Windows Desktop Search 3.0, Windows Media Player 9.0, Microsoft DirectX 9.0b, Microsoft ActiveSync 4.1, microphone (close-talking for Audio Search), audio output device, video recording device (such as a webcam), TWAIN-compatible digital camera or scanner, Windows Mobile 2003-powered Smartphone or Windows Mobile 5-powered Smartphone or Pocket PC, or a router that supports Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
· Sharing notebooks requires users to be on the same network
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later, or Firefox browser
· Phishing Filter requires Windows Internet Explorer 7
· Internet connectivity required; broadband access recommended (fees may apply)
· Windows Live OneCare file backup and restore functionality require CD or DVD burner, external hard drive, locally networked computers, or USB-connected storage device
· Creation or usage of a Windows Live ID will be required as part of the service activation.